Southlake Business Fraud Attorney
Even though the Texas business world can be particularly cutthroat, there are certain lines that businesses may not cross. For instance, if a business engages in fraud, false advertising or other unconscionable business practices, its competitors may have a legal claim under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA).
At McElyea Law, we represent businesses in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that have been damaged by the unscrupulous and dishonest acts of other wayward companies. With nearly 25 years of legal experience, Lawyer Tom McElyea is committed to providing his business clients with aggressive, straightforward and honest legal guidance. Do not let another company hurt your business or ruin its reputation, contact McElyea Law today.
Navigating The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act
While the DTPA was created with consumers in mind, it also protects small and mid-sized businesses when other companies use fraudulent business practices, including:
- Falsely disparaging another business’s goods or services
- Passing off its own goods or services as those of another business or individual
- Passing off its own goods as new when they are not
- Falsely representing the geographic origin, quality or standard of its own goods or services
- Falsely advertising goods or services it does not intend to sell or reasonably supply to the public, unless the advertising makes it clear that supplies are limited
These are merely a few of the prohibitions outlined in the DTPA. However, if a company engages in any of these activities, you, as a business owner, may seek damages ― as well as possible attorney fees ― through business litigation.
Do Not Hesitate ― Contact McElyea Law Today
Importantly, the DTPA is merely one of many legal options a business may pursue when another company causes it damage by using fraudulent of deceptive trade practices. Contact McElyea Law if you are a business owner and would like speak to a business fraud attorney. While our office is located in Southlake, we help clients throughout the surrounding areas, including Arlington, Colleyville and the Dallas-Fort Worth area. You can reach us online or by calling 817-754-1570.